Club Updates – March 17 As the number of cases fall and the vaccine rollout picks up steam, NCA continues to keep clubs informed on new and updated federal and state mandates and restrictions and news related to the private club industry. Please be sure to visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information to keep your club informed on COVID-19.
One year into the pandemic, NCA didn’t expect to still be publishing this newsletter. Thank you to our readers for following NCA as we brought you news and resources to help clubs navigate this pandemic together. We will continue to provide you with information as long as necessary.
COVID-19 separated us. Vaccines are bringing us together. NCA’s latest campaign, Stick it to COVID-19: Support the vaccine, provides information on how clubs can protect employees and members and commit to a safe club environment. NCA also provides the Vaccine Finder tool that helps identify local vaccine distribution locations. Learn more.
Thank you to everyone who signed their organization to the U.S. Chamber’s coalition sign-on letter urging Congress to extend the application deadline for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) to ensure that the segment of small businesses facing the greatest obstacles do not get left behind.
On Thursday, March 11, President Biden signed into law the “American Rescue Act.” The latest coronavirus relief and stimulus package contains several provisions of impact to the private club community. It extends the Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC) through the end of the year, expands eligibility for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), and establishes the Restaurant Revitalization Fund.
The American Rescue Act did expand eligibility for the PPP, but it did not extend the March 31, 2021, deadline for new applications. The House will consider bipartisan legislation to provide small businesses with two additional months to apply for the program. The legislation, H.R. 1799, is expected to pass with an overwhelming bipartisan vote. It is unclear at this time how quickly the Senate will be able to consider it for passage.
Resources to track legislation:
- Department of Health and Human Service COVID-19 Resources page here
- Press release on the American Rescue Plan here
- Food and Drug Administration COVID-19 resources here
- Small Business Administration COVID-19 Relief Options webpage here
- IRS COVID Relief page here
- Treasury COVID-19 Relief Page (still being updated from CARES) here
- Department of Labor COVID-19 Resources Page here
- COVID-19 Vaccine, Dept. Health and Human Services
- Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People, CDC
- Workplace Vaccination Program, CDC
- Essential Workers COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit, CDC
- U.S. Vaccine Distribution and Delivery (tracked by state), The Washington Post
- OSHA Launches Program to Protect High-risk Workers from Coronavirus, Dept. of Labor
- Vaccine Doses Administered per 100 People, Our World in Data
- Establishing a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Plan, Health Action Alliance
- A rising share of Americans say they intend to get a coronavirus vaccine (50%)–or already have (19%)–and this increase has been especially pronounced among Black Americans.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy Slows Race to Defang the Virus, PEW
- Covid-19 Pill Shows Promise in Preliminary Testing, WSJ
- What You Can and Can’t Do If You’ve Been Vaccinated, WSJ
- Coronavirus Regulations: A State-By-State Week in Review, Law360
- New Your City High Schools will Reopen March 22, NY Times
- More California Clubs Can Reopen Indoors at Limited Capacity, Club Industry
- What to Consider When Crafting COVID-19 Vaccine Policies, Associations Now
- COVID Killed the Traditional Workplace. What Should Companies Do Now?, Harvard Business School
- Four Essential Trends For Every Post-Covid-19 Business Strategy, Forbes
Littler COVID-19 Vaccine Employer Survey Report: The Littler survey shows data regarding vaccine mandates across organizations, by surveying lawyers, HR professionals and C-suite executives. Only .5% report having a current vaccine mandate for all employees while 43% reported they are unsure and still considering the possibility of a vaccine mandate. See the full survey results here.
- Can Focusing on Pandemic Trust Help End the Pandemic Sooner?, PWC
- OSHA’s Job Is Workplace Safety. In the Covid-19 Pandemic, It Often Struggled., WSJ
- Experts Say the ‘New Normal’ in 2025 Will Be Far More Tech-Driven, Presenting More Big Challenges, PEW Research
- U.S. Health Club Revenue Fell By 58 Percent In 2020, Club Industry
- AAHOA Launches Initiative to Promote Hotelier and Employee Vaccinations, Hotel Business
- State of the States: Are Rainy Days Here Again? In four Charts, the Pandemic’s Pain, Market Watch
- Players 2021: Commissioner says PGA Tour will Advocate for Vaccines, but Not Require Players to get Them, Golf Digest
- Growing Share of Americans Say They Plan To Get a COVID-19 Vaccine – or Already Have, PEW Research
- The Future of Leadership: Skills to Look for in Business Leaders Post-COVID-19, Talent Management
Join NCA – It’s a Good Business Decision:
NCA provides real-time value for clubs as they navigate this crisis and other areas from workforce management and compliance, governance, strategic planning, and much more. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership. Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Cindy Vizza at 202-822-9822 or [email protected]