Club Updates – Feb. 17 As the number of cases fall and the vaccine rollout picks up steam, NCA continues to keep clubs informed on new and updated federal and state mandates and restrictions and news related to the private club industry. Please be sure to visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information to keep your club informed on COVID-19.
Last week, the House Committee on Small Business voted to include private 501(c)(7) nonprofit clubs in the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) in the next version of the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill being considered by Congress. The draft language allows 501(c)(7) clubs with less than 300 employees to be eligible to receive PPP loans. Additionally, the Paycheck Protection Program is expanded by $7.25 billion to provide relief to nonprofits.
Please note that this legislation has not yet passed, but committee consideration marks an early step in the legislative process to enact an additional COVID-19 relief bill before Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s stated goal of March 15. This inclusion marks a critical step to provide the relief clubs have requested since the onset of the pandemic.
- National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness
- COVID-19 Vaccine Facts, CDC
- COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions, CDC
- Updated CDC Guidance for Wearing Masks, CDC
- COVID Vaccine, US Chamber of Commerce
- COVID-19 Vaccine Facts and FAQs for Business Leaders, US Chamber of Commerce
- Plan Your Vaccine, NBC News
- Microsoft’s Vaccine Dashboard
- Walmart’s COVID-19 Vaccines Resource Hub
- Amazon’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Blog
- Rockefeller Foundation Message Testing Handbook
- Coronavirus Regulations: A State-By-State Week in Review, Law360
- State by State Vaccine Guidance, US Chamber of Commerce
- Ala. Gov. Signs Law Shielding Businesses From Virus Liability, Law360
Blueprint for Revival, National Restaurant Association
US Chamber Foundation Analysis of COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging: The US Chamber Foundation conducted research on vaccine messaging in the following five themes: effective, economic recovery, healthy workforce community, accommodations and incentives and lead by example. See the full survey results here.
- Ban on New Foreign Workers Left U.S. Jobs Unfilled, Even in Covid Downturn, WSJ
- The Good and the (Potentially) Bad: What Scientists Know About Variants and COVID-19 Vaccines, STAT
- Biden Says U.S. Struck Deals for 200 Million More Covid-19 Vaccine Doses, WSJ
- Philly Federal Judges Split On Virus Insurance Suits, Law360
Join NCA – It’s a Good Business Decision:
NCA provides real-time value for clubs as they navigate this crisis and other areas from workforce management and compliance, governance, strategic planning, and much more. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership. Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Cindy Vizza at 202-822-9822 or [email protected]