Club Updates – June 22
COVID-19 death rates continue to stay near the same rate despite the recent surge in infections, reports ABC. This is in part due to the vaccine and booster shot, says experts. Those unvaccinated remain at higher risk for severe cases, and among the vaccinated who are dying, 80-90% are over the age of 65.
- How Common is Long COVID? Why Studies Give Different Answers, Nature
- Companies Are Rethinking Their Supplier Networks After COVID, Bloomberg
- The U.S. has Wasted Over 82 million Covid Vaccine Doses, NBC News
- F.D.A. Advisers Recommend the Authorization of Covid Shots by Novavax, a Latecomer in the Vaccine Race, NYT
- Moderna Says ‘Bivalent’ Covid Booster Provides Stronger Protection Against Omicron, NBC News
- J&J Gives Notice to Terminate Emergent Manufacturing Deal for COVID Vaccine, Reuters
- CDC Recommends COVID-19 Vaccines for Young Children, CDC Newsroom
As Vaccines for Children Under 5 Near Authorization, Parents Weigh In: A recent KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor has found one in five parents wants to get their child vaccinated as soon as the vaccines become available while four in 10 want to wait and see. See full article here.
- Despite Another COVID Surge, Deaths Stay Near Lows, NYT
- COVID-weary Americans Ready to Spend, but Many Also Concerned About Job Security and Income, New Freedom Financial Network Survey Finds, Yahoo! Finance
- How a New COVID Outbreak Could Affect the US Economy, Market Scale
- How Many Restaurants Closed From the Pandemic? Here’s our Best Estimate, Washington Post
- What to Know About the Newest, Most Contagious Omicron Subvariants, Time
- A Negative COVID Test Has Never Been So Meaningless, The Atlantic
- COVID is Making Flu and Other Common Viruses Act in Unfamiliar Ways, Washington Post
- US Drops COVID Testing Requirement for International Travelers, CNBC
- How Long Does COVID Immunity Last? Will a Second Illness Be Worse? How Can I Prepare?, NYT
- Study Examined COVID-19 Policies’ Effects on People with Disabilities, Illinois News Bureau
- Only 20% of Americans Have Effective Protection Against Omicron Infection, News Medical
Join NCA – Access the Industry’s Top Resources for Private Club Leaders:
Join NCA and benefit from the subject-matter experts who have helped create the industry’s best and most comprehensive library of club-specific resources. Members can add up to 15 board or staff members to their membership account, granting them access to NCA’s online library of 1,500+ resources, publications and monthly webcasts. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership.