Club Updates – June 8
After May’s uptick in infections, the country’s COVID-19 rate has appeared to plateau, but is still in a surge state, says Johns Hopkins University Doctor and Former White House COVID-19 Advisor Tom Inglesby. And while more than 100,000 cases are reported each day, the omicron subvariant continues to produce fewer fatalities.
- Fact Sheet: Biden-Harris Administration Announces Action on COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Improving Health Systems and Health Security in the Americas, The White House
- America’s Inequality Problem Just Improved for the First Time in a Generation, Bloomberg
- The U.S. has Wasted Over 82 million Covid Vaccine Doses, NBC News
- F.D.A. Advisers Recommend the Authorization of Covid Shots by Novavax, a Latecomer in the Vaccine Race, NYT
- Moderna Says ‘Bivalent’ Covid Booster Provides Stronger Protection Against Omicron, NBC News
- J&J Gives Notice to Terminate Emergent Manufacturing Deal for COVID Vaccine, Reuters
- CDC People Who Had COVID More at Risk of Developing Pulmonary Embolism, CDC Says, Fox 5 News
- More than 1 in 5 Adult Covid Survivors in the U.S. May Develop Long Covid, a CDC Study Suggests, NYT
- Here’s What to Do if You Test Positive for COVID, According to CDC Guidelines, News 5 Chicago
- WHO Chief: The Pandemic Is ‘Most Certainly Not Over’, VOA
Disparities among who feels safe at work: A recent KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor has found a stark distinction between how safe White workers feel at the workplace versus Black, Hispanic and lower-income workers. White and higher income workers tend to feel much safer at the workplace compared to the other groups surveyed. See full article here.
- Why Boosted Americans Seem to be Getting More COVID-19 Infections, CBS News
- Why Variants Keep Covid-19 Cases Simmering in the U.S., WSJ
- Reported COVID-19 Infection Levels Nearly 6 Times Higher than Last Memorial Day, ABC News
- Americans Tip Less than Before the COVID-19 Pandemic: Survey, Yahoo! Finance
- Why the Air at the Gym May Be More Likely to Spread Covid, NYT
- Change of Course: Modernization, COVID-19 Pandemic Help Revitalize Golf, Tuscon Sentinel
- COVID-19 Cases are Rising in Many States. What Experts Say Makes this Summer Different, USA Today
- How Long Covid Could Change the Way We Think About Disability, Washington Post
- Massive 23andMe Survey Reveals Who May be at the Highest Risk for Long COVID, SFGATE
- Coronavirus FAQ: I got COVID. Then I got it again. What’s the Deal with Reinfection?, NPR
- Bill Gates Says the World Got Lucky With COVID-19: ‘It Could Have Been Way More Fatal’, Time
- My Family Got Covid. So Why Did We Test Negative?, NYT
- This Summer Will Decide Remote Work’s Fate. A White House–predicted COVID Wave This Fall Could Render it Moot, Fortune
- How to Compare COVID Deaths for Vaccinated and Unvaccinated People, Scientific American
Join NCA – Access the Industry’s Top Resources for Private Club Leaders:
Join NCA and benefit from the subject-matter experts who have helped create the industry’s best and most comprehensive library of club-specific resources. Members can add up to 15 board or staff members to their membership account, granting them access to NCA’s online library of 1,500+ resources, publications and monthly webcasts. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership.
Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.