Club Updates – March 9
COVID-19 restrictions have eased alongside the number of new coronavirus cases and deaths dropping. One model estimates at least 73% of Americans are currently immune to omicron. This figure could rise to 80% by mid-March, reports the Associated Press, giving hope that even if cases spike again this summer, that hospitalizations and deaths will not. Visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- People in the US Can Now Order 4 More Free COVID Tests Online, NBC News
- The CDC Explains How You Should Approach the Next Phase of the Pandemic, CBS News
- COVID Will ‘Probably’ Become a Seasonal Virus, Like the Flu, Walensky says, NBC News
- COVID-19 Safety Tips to Consider As You Return to Work, CNN
- WHO Says COVID Boosters Needed, Reversing Previous Call, AP
- Most Side Effects From Pfizer, Moderna COVID Shots Are Mild And Short-Lived, Major Study Finds, Forbes
- US Aims to Contribute to Vaccine Effort for Next Disease, New York Times
- LA Could Soon End COVID Vaccine Mandate for Restaurants, Bars, Gyms, Movie Theaters, LA Times
- San Diego Unified Approves COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate for 2022-2023 School Year, NBC San Diego
- Florida Breaks With CDC, Recommends No COVID Vaccine for Healthy Children, Reuters
- Georgia State Positivity Rate Reaching WHO Recommended Levels, 11 Alive
- Illinois Coronavirus Updates: Mask Guidance Latest, United Center COVID Rules, NBC Chicago
- Fort Wayne, Ind., City Workers to Receive COVID-19 Hazard Pay, Wane
- A Look Back on COVID in the Commonwealth: Two years Since the First COVID Case in Kentucky, Lexington 18
- Despite Declining Metrics, Doctors Say Maryland has Not Reached ‘Endemic’ Status, WBAL
- NYC Restaurants Cheer as Proof-of-vaccine Mandate Lifted, NY Post
- COVID-19 Moves to a ‘New Stage’ in Pennsylvania and New Jersey as Cases and Hospitalizations Plummet, Philadelphia Inquirer
- Ohio: Here’s What’s Finally Convincing Local People to Get the Vaccine, Springfield News Sun
- Camden, South Carolina’s First COVID-19 Hotspot, Plots a Return to Normal, The Post and Courier
- Two Years In, 25,000 Tennesseans Have Died of COVID and Hospitals are Reporting Widespread Burnout, WPLN
- West Virginia Gov. Justice Notes Declining COVID Cases, Threatens Lawsuit, WBOY
- COVID-19 Cases Drop Significantly in South Dakota, Following Regional Trends, Argus Leader
More Than 50 Percent of Americans Support Lifting Some or All Coronavirus Precautions: Risk perceptions of COVID-19 are declining as the Omicron variant recedes. Fewer Americans are concerned about risk than they were in February, mask wearing is down nine percent in three weeks, and more say they’ve visited and/or eaten with friends than they did last month. See full findings here.
- More Contagious Version of Omicron Spreads in US, Fueling Worries, NPR
- Restaurants Debate Masks as COVID-19 Rules Rapidly Disappear, WSJ
- Exclusive Ski Club Received $1.4M in Federal COVID Relief Amid ‘Record’ Year, CBC
- Wakonda Club, Other Restaurants Ask Court to Hold Insurers Liable for COVID Losses, Business Record
- Study Links Even Mild COVID-19 to Changes in the Brain, CNN COVID Plan Draws Praise, Questions, Washington Post
- Mask Requirements in Schools Reduced Coronavirus Cases, CDC Finds, The Washington Post
- Biden’s ‘Test to Treat’ Covid Plan Draws Praise, Questions, Washington Post
- COVID Omicron Variant Detected for First Time in White-Tailed Deer, SciTech Daily
- Businesses Adapt to Supply-chain Slowdowns, the New Reality, Business Observer
- US Far From Normal with COVID Deaths 10 Times Higher Than Seasonal Respiratory Viruses, Report Says, CNBC
- Scientists Identify Genetic Factors Behind Severe COVID Symptoms, Financial Times
Join NCA – Access the Industry’s Top Resources for Private Club Leaders:
Join NCA and benefit from the subject-matter experts who have helped create the industry’s best and most comprehensive library of club-specific resources. Members can add up to 15 board or staff members to their membership account, granting them access to NCA’s online library of 1,500+ resources, publications and monthly webcasts. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership.
Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Phil Mike at 202-822-9822 or [email protected].