Club Updates – Jan. 26
Data from Johns Hopkins University show the seven-day average for newly reported COVID-19 deaths reached 2,191 on Monday, up roughly 1,000 deaths from two months ago, just prior to Omicron’s first detection in the U.S. While Omicron has shown to be a less deadly strain of the virus, its quick spread has overwhelmed many hospital systems (WSJ). Visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- Judge Blocks Biden COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate for Federal Workers, WSJ
- The US will Require Vaccinations for Incoming Essential Workers Crossing Land Borders, NY Times
- How to Get Your At-Home COVID-19 Test Covered by Insurance, WSJ
- After the Supreme Court Decision, What Comes Next for OSHA and COVID-19, National Law Review
- Biden Administration to Withdraw COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Regulation Aimed at Large Businesses, CNN Politics
- Many COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects Caused by Placebo Effect: Study, ABC News
- Fauci Says he Hopes FDA Will Authorize Pfizer’s COVID Vaccine for Kids Under 5 in the Next Month, CNBC
- COVID-19 Vaccinations Do Not Impair Fertility in Men or Women, Study Finds, CNN Health
- A Texas Team Comes up with a COVID Vaccine that Could be a Global Game Changer, NPR
- California Kids 12 and Older Could Receive COVID-19 Vaccine Without Parent’s OK, LA Times
- A Florida Public Health Official is Put on Leave After Emailing his Staff to Urge Vaccination, NY Times
- Texas Vaccine Disparities Remain, Axios Austin
- WVU Medicine Postpones Vaccine Mandate for Second Time, WBOY
- California Department of Industrial Relations Division of Occupational Safety & Health, CAL OSHA
- Biden Administration to Distribute 400 Million N95 Masks to the Public for Free, CNN Politics
- It’s Official: Get Free COVID Test Kits at COVIDtests.gov, FTC Consumer Information
- Apartment Dwellers Say They’ve Had a Hard Time Registering to Get Their 4 Free At-home COVID-19 Tests, Business Insider
- You Asked: I Got COVID on Vacation. Where Should I Report my Case?, The Washington Post
Preference for Cities Has Declined Amid Pandemic, Pew Research Center Study Finds: More Americans prefer the suburbs over city-life, according to a recent Pew Research Center poll, with 46% of respondents favoring suburbs compared to 19% favoring an urban community. The preference for suburbs jumped 4% while the preference for urban decreased 4% when compared to pre-pandemic numbers. See full findings here.
- COVID-19 Deaths in the U.S. Top 2,100 a Day, Highest in Nearly a Year, WSJ
- How Omicron’s Milder Infections Are Straining US Hospitals, WSJ
- Some US Hospitals See COVID-19 Patient Counts Decline as Omicron Retreats, WSJ
- Coronavirus Tally: US Averaging More Than 2,000 COVID Deaths a Day and CDC Updates Warning for Unvaccinated, Market Watch
- COVID News: Biden’s Team Sees Reasons for Optimism in Latest Data, NY Times
- Starbucks Ends its Plan to Require Worker Vaccination and Testing, NY Times
- COVID-19 Complaints to OSHA Surge as Rules Are Stayed, Withdrawn, Bloomberg Law
Join NCA – Access the Industry’s Top Resources for Private Club Leaders:
Join NCA and benefit from the subject-matter experts who have helped create the industry’s best and most comprehensive library of club-specific resources. Members can add up to 15 board or staff members to their membership account, granting them access to NCA’s online library of 1,500+ resources, publications and monthly webcasts. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Phil Mike at 202-822-9822 or [email protected].