Club Updates – Nov. 10
To date, more than 77% of the US population aged 12 and older have received at least one shot–including more than 96% of those aged 65 and older. Newly reported cases in the US are averaging about 70,000 per day, down more than 45% over the past month (From 1440 Daily Digest). See current stats here. Please visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- OSHA’s Vaccine and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard FAQ’s, Dept. of Labor
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing ETS, Dept. of Labor
- U.S. Vaccine Distribution and Delivery, Tracked by State, The Washington Post
- FDA Authorizes Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine for Children Aged 5 to 11, STAT
- Pfizer Asks the FDA to Expand Booster Eligibility to All Adults, NY Times
- COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters’ Mix-and-Match Efficacy, WSJ
- The Kids Are Getting Their COVID-19 Vaccine, the Parents Are Buying Plane Tickets, WSJ
- Vaccine Deadlines Hit with a Whimper, Axios
- Small Business Owners Show Strong Support for COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements, Ipsos
- Georgia to Challenge Federal Vaccine Mandate in Court, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Appeals Court Stays Biden Vaccine Mandate for Businesses, The Hill
- Alabama Law Creates Additional Exemptions From Mandatory Vaccination Policies, The National Law Review
- New California Law Requires Health Plans and Insurers to Cover COVID-19 Screening Tests and Preventative Treatments with No Cost Sharing, The National Law Review
- West Virginia Governor Approves Medical and Religious Exemptions From COVID-19 Vaccination Mandates, The National Law Review
- Emerging trends and their implications for the industry as the nation grapples with foundational changes and lingering effects of the continuing pandemic, Sports & Leisure Research Group
- Alignable: Road to Recovery Report (November 2021)
US Chamber of Commerce Released State of the Workforce (Oct. 28): In a Special Report from MetLife and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, small businesses weigh in on the difficulty in finding enough candidates for jobs, views toward vaccine mandates and proof of vaccinations. See full findings here.
- Biden Administration Proceeds With COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates, WSJ
- Coronavirus no Longer the World’s Top Worry as it is Overtaken by Economic Concerns, Ipsos
- How Small Business Owners Feel Right Now About Finding Workers, Vaccine Requirements, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Germany Hits Record COVID-19 Tally as Pandemic Rebounds Across Europe, WSJ
- What Does Endemic Mean and Will COVID-19 Become an Endemic Disease?, WSJ
- Explainer: US International Travel Rules Changing, Focus on Vaccinated, VOA
- Regeneron’s Antibody Drug Cut Risk of COVID-19 by 82%, Company Says, WSJ
- Most Schools Aren’t Going for Coronavirus Vaccine Mandates – Yet, The Washington Post
Join NCA – Access the Industry’s Top Resources for Private Club Leaders:
Join NCA and benefit from the subject-matter experts who have helped create the industry’s best and most comprehensive library of club-specific resources. Members can add up to 15 board or staff members to their membership account, granting them access to NCA’s online library of 1,500+ resources, publications and monthly webcasts. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership.
Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Cindy Vizza at 202-822-9822 or [email protected]