Club Updates – Oct. 27
To date, more than 77% of the US population aged 12 and older have received at least one shot–including more than 96% of those aged 65 and older. Newly reported cases in the US are averaging about 70,000 per day, down more than 45% over the past month (From 1440 Daily Digest). See current stats here. Please visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
NCA Helps Inform You and Your Staff Through Stick it to COVID-19: At least 205.5 million people have received one or both doses of the vaccine in the United States and plans have been announced to encourage booster shots to better protect against variants. NCA’s campaign, Stick it to COVID-19, provides information on how clubs can protect employees and members and commit to a safe club environment. NCA also provides the Vaccine Finder tool that helps identify local vaccine distribution locations. Learn more.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Takes Additional Actions on the Use of a Booster Dose for COVID-19 Vaccines
- FDA Advisory Panel Unanimously Endorses Moderna’s COVID Vaccine Booster for Some Groups, STAT
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: October 12, 2021
- FDA Panel Recommends a Booster Shot of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine for People 18 and Older, The Washington Post
- FDA Advisory Panel OKs Pfizer Vaccine for Children 5 to 11, NBC News
- OSHA to States: Protect Workers from COVID or Forfeit Authority, PEW
- OSHA, Citing COVID Failures, Moves to Strip Three States of Workplace Safety Authority, NY Times
- U.S. vaccine distribution and delivery, tracked by state.
- Mixing COVID Vaccines. What You Need to Know About Mixing Booster Shots, The Washington Post
- Supreme Court Won’t Block Maine’s Vaccine Mandate, Bangor Daily News
- Two in Three Parents of Kids Ages 5-11 Plan to Vaccinate Their Child When it’s Approved, Ipsos
- Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 Booster Shot Bolsters Immune Defense, FDA Staff Say, WSJ
- Some Workers Want COVID-19 Recovery Accepted as Evidence of Immunity, WSJ
- Can I Get a Flu Shot and COVID-19 Booster at the Same Time? And Other Answers to Your Flu Season Questions, WSJ
- Feds Threaten to ‘Stop’ Florida from Withholding Districts’ Mask Mandate Federal Aid, Miami Herald
- Arkansas Governor to Allow Redistricting, Shot-Mandate Exemption Bills to Become Law, Arkansas Democrat Gazette
- Awaiting Federal Guidance on Vaccine Mandate, California Employers Must Look to Cal/OSHA for the Final Word, AALRR
- Unvaccinated Oregon Workers Who Had COVID-19 Argued They Don’t Need a Vaccine. A Judge Denied Their Request, The Washington Post
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey’s Executive Order Opposing Federal Vaccine Mandate: What does it Do?, AL
- Thousands of State Workers are Unvaccinated. California Isn’t Testing Half of Them for COVID as Required, LA Times
- The National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe Compliance and Advocacy teams continue to update mandates and various pandemic-related requirements in every state in a handy tracking resource. Get the tracker here.
- Road to Recovery Report (October 2021), Alignable
- Lessons Learned From Opening During the Pandemic, Hotels Mag
Poll Shows Americans Response to The Biden Administration’s Response to the Pandemic:While initial confidence in the Biden Administration’s vaccine efforts were high, Americans are becoming more skeptical as the country focuses on economic recovery. See full graphic here.
- WHO Creates New Team to Study COVID-19 Origins, WSJ
- Biden Administration Looks to Speed Authorization of Rapid Coronavirus Tests, The Washington Post
- Remote Work Persisting and Trending Permanent, Gallup
- Is Facing your Mortality Sparking the ‘Great Resignation’? Why we Don’t Want to Work Anymore, Ipsos
- Still Using Cloth Masks? It’s Time to Switch to Surgical — Here’s Why, CNBC
- Gen Z Workers Hit Most By Pandemic’s Impact, Insurance News Net
- U.S. COVID-19 Battle Turns a Corner as Borders Open to Foreign Travelers, WSJ
- Americans Still Aren’t Comfortable Riding with Other People, Ipsos
- You’re Not ‘Fully Vaccinated’ and You Never Will Be, The Washington Post
- Memes Have Helped Americans Cope with Stress During the Pandemic, Study Finds, The Washington Post
- The Incredible Disappearing Hotel Breakfast—and Other Amenities Travelers Miss, WSJ
- Confidence in Biden Administration to Lead Quick Economic Recovery Diminishes, Ipsos
- Concern About COVID Casts a Shadow over Holiday Planning, Ipsos
Join NCA – It’s a Good Business Decision:
NCA provides real-time value for clubs as they navigate this crisis and other areas from workforce management and compliance, governance, strategic planning, and much more. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership. Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Cindy Vizza at 202-822-9822 or [email protected]