Club Updates – Oct. 13
As the latest reports show COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths are once again on the decline in many parts of the United States, NCA continues to keep club leaders informed on new and updated federal and state mandates and restrictions, existing and emerging variants of concern and news related to the private club industry. Please visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
NCA Helps Inform You and Your Staff Through Stick it to COVID-19: At least 205.5 million people have received one or both doses of the vaccine in the United States and plans have been announced to encourage booster shots to better protect against variants. NCA’s campaign, Stick it to COVID-19, provides information on how clubs can protect employees and members and commit to a safe club environment. NCA also provides the Vaccine Finder tool that helps identify local vaccine distribution locations. Learn more.
- Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Booster Shot Bolsters Immune Defense, FDA Staff Say, WSJ
- Pfizer Asks FDA for Emergency Authorization for its Covid Vaccine for Kids Ages 5-11, NBC News
- COVID Antibody Tests Won’t Tell You What You Want to Know, PEW
- More Community Colleges are Mandating Coronavirus Vaccination, The Washington Post
- The Delta Variant, COVID-19 Symptoms and Vaccine Efficacy: What to Know, WSJ
- AstraZeneca Submits Preventive COVID-19 Treatment for FDA Authorization, WSJ
- To Prevent the Next Pandemic, Scientists Seek One Vaccine for Many Coronaviruses, WSJ
- New Clues Emerge About Whether Vaccines Can Help Fight Long COVID-19, WSJ
- Ochsner will Make Unvaccinated Spouses of Employees Pay $200 Per Month to Remain Insured, NOLA
- Tennessee Republicans Again Seek Special Session to Relax COVID-19 Restrictions, Tennessean
- Rural States with Early Vaccine Success Hit a Wall, PEW
- Overwhelmed by COVID-19 Patients, Alaska’s Doctors Make Life-and-Death Decisions, WSJ
- Thousands of Washington Home-Care Workers, Represented by SEIU 775, Remain Exempt from Gov. Inslee’s Vaccine Mandate, The Seattle Times
- Texas Gov. Greg Abbott Widens Ban on Vaccine Mandate to Include Private Businesses, WSJ
- Lamont Terminates Probationary Workers over COVID-19 Noncompliance, CT Mirror
- Predicting the Return to Office, Cushman & Wakefield
Economic Impact Survey, National Restaurant Association: The National Restaurant Research Group conducted a survey of 4,000 restaurant operators from Sept. 7-15 to understand the current impact of the pandemic on restaurants. See full graphic here.
- Merck Asks FDA to Authorize Promising Covid-19 Pill, WSJ
- WHO Announces New Expert Group to Investigate Origins of the Coronavirus and Other Outbreaks, The Washington Post
- Merck’s Antiviral Pill Reduces Hospitalization of COVID-19 Patients, a Possible Game-Changer for Treatment, STAT
- COVID-19 Charges at Hospitals Can Vary by Tens of Thousands of Dollars, a WSJ Analysis Finds, WSJ
- Judge Orders Restaurant to Cease Operations in Mask Dispute, Boston News
- Restaurant Job Growth Slows, The Washington Post
- COVID-19 Rapid Testing at Home Will Get Easier, but Test Wisely, WSJ
Join NCA – It’s a Good Business Decision:
NCA provides real-time value for clubs as they navigate this crisis and other areas from workforce management and compliance, governance, strategic planning, and much more. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership. Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Cindy Vizza at 202-822-9822 or [email protected]