Club Updates – Sept. 15
COVID-19 hospitalizations reached 80,000 last week, marking the continued spread of the virus. NCA keeps clubs informed on new and updated federal and state mandates and restrictions and news related to the private club industry. Please be sure to visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
NCA Helps Inform You and Your Staff Through Stick it to COVID-19: At least 205.5 million people have received one or both doses of the vaccine in the United States and plans have been announced to encourage booster shots to better protect against variants. NCA’s campaign, Stick it to COVID-19, provides information on how clubs can protect employees and members and commit to a safe club environment. NCA also provides the Vaccine Finder tool that helps identify local vaccine distribution locations. Learn more.
- ICE: I-9 Flexibility to Continue Through 2021, National Law Review
- CDC Issues New COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Green Card Applicants, National Law Review
- U.S. Vaccine Distribution and Delivery, Tracked by State, The Washington Post
- COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States, CDC
- Three in Five Americans Support New Biden Administration Vaccine Mandates, Ipsos
- Utilizing Wellness Programs to Incentivize COVID-19 Vaccinations, National Law Review
- FDA Weighing Dose of Moderna COVID-19 Booster, WSJ
- Biden Announces Sweeping New Vaccine Mandates for Businesses, Federal Workers, The Washington Post
- How to Hire With a Vaccine Mandate in Place, Inc.
- Fiscal 50: State Trends and Analysis, PEW
- Idaho Activates Crisis Standards of Care in North Idaho Due to of Surge in COVID-19 Patients Requiring Hospitalization, Idaho Dept. of Health and Welfare
- Boston Mandates Face Coverings Indoors Effective August 27, 2021, National Law Review
- Experts Support Mask Mandates For Students, But Say Vaccine Mandates Will Be More Difficult, Patch
- NYC’s COVID-19 Vaccination Proof Mandate for Restaurants and Dining: What to Know, WSJ
- Lawmakers Rethink Mask Policies as More Kids Quarantine, PEW
- Minnesota Pandemic Tax Refunds Start Arriving Monday, StarTribune
- Pandemic Recovery Rankings Across The U.S., Top Agency
Top Data Releases COVID Impact Study: The study highlights pandemic recovery across states in the categories of consumer confidence, job market strength and COVID-19 safety. See full article here.
- COVID-19 Resurgence, Tight Labor Market Lead to Drop in Optimism, Journal of Accountancy
- U.S. Jobless Claims Hit New Pandemic Low as Employers Retain Workers, WSJ
- Idaho Moves to Start Rationing Medical Care Amid Surge in COVID-19 Hospitalizations, The Washington Post
- Florida Doctor Says She Won’t Treat COVID-19 Patients In Person, The Washington Post
- What the Sturgis Rally Showed Us About the Delta Variant, The Washington Post
- Missouri Restaurant gets Around COVID-19 Order by Reopening as Private Club, WAND 17
- COVID-19 Deaths in Delta Surge Trend Younger in U.S., WSJ
- What to Know About Biden’s Pandemic Plan and Vaccine Mandates, The Washington Post
- U.S. Leisure Travelers Plan to Significantly Pare Back Travel Plans Amid Rising COVID-19 Cases, Per New National Study from the American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Pandemic Shines Light on Mental Health in the Workplace, Spectrum News 1
Join NCA – It’s a Good Business Decision:
NCA provides real-time value for clubs as they navigate this crisis and other areas from workforce management and compliance, governance, strategic planning, and much more. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership. Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Cindy Vizza at 202-822-9822 or [email protected]