Private home and membership sales have continued to rise at south Florida clubs and private club communities remains in high demand. The need for safety, space and a like-minded community has been fueling the demand that boasts an average home sale every other day of the last year, says John Jorritsma of The Club at Ibis. C+RB.
Former DuPont vice president Don Wirth and venture capitalist/family scion Ben du Pont join to lead DuPont through the future. DuPont CC, who’s namesake comes from the corporate entity, opened their new pool complex in June 2020 as part of the large renovation project at the club. Additional plans include a new fitness center measuring more than 19,000-square-feet and philosophy changes centered around making the club more exclusive to working families. Delaware Today.
- CC of N.C. Thrives Amid High Demand for Golf Communities
- Droughts to Floods, Weather Extremes Bring Issues for Golf Course Superintendents
- Meadow Brook GC Recovers After Back-to-Back Fires
- The Gathering Spot Celebrated D.C. Grand Opening in June
- Venues Add Additional Facilities and Programs to Serve Racquet & Paddle Sport Growth
- Jeff David’s Plan to Turn Fitler Club from ‘Lagger’ to Leader
- Behind the $12M Oakland Hills CC Renovation
- Greenbrier Golf and CC Seek Police Help After Vehicle Break-ins at Club
- Lawrence McFadden’s Unique Path to the Mel Rex Award
- Downtown Charleston Gets a New Lifestyle Club, The Wonderer
Kevin Sneader and senior partner Celia Huber discuss the eight trends shaping the post COVID-19 economy in a recent interview. Sneader says the first trend is innovation, acknowledging some of humankind’s greatest achievements have come from challenging times. Sneader also adds consumer behavior around digital engagement and a focus on the environment and green energy to the top of the trends list. McKinsey & Company.
As remote work allowed workers the flexibility to move out of congested cities some worried the impact would be everlasting. New data points point to a growing demand for city-life as home sales reach their highest point in over a decade in Manhattan and San Francisco. Restaurant traffic has also jumped by 192% since the start of 2021 in major cities across the country including L.A., N.Y., Chicago and Boston. Axios.
- Cutting Unemployment Aid Outcome, Decline in Teen Employment and Rise in Workers Over 25
- Fox Meadow and Greenwich CC Part of Largest Pickleball League in the Country
- Restaurants of the Future, From Technology to Real Estate
- Air Taxis and The Future of Urban Travel
- Five Challenges Faced When Looking to Grow in the US Market
On the Green
Pelham Country Club in Pelham Manor, N.Y., began golf course renovations that started as a quest for water independence after the club began to flood on a regular basis. The three-part renovation project focused on water independence, improving the quality of holes and member enjoyment and decreasing the property’s environmental footprint. The success of the project earned the club the Environmental Leaders in Golf Award. C+RB.
- DGC Membership Grows, Rocket Mortgage Classic Impact
- Golf Apps Continue to Rise in Popularity
- Menlo CC’s New Water Conservation Project
- Fordham University Loses Beloved Golf Coach
- Data Shows Rounds Played Close to Peaking in Latest Golf Datatech Mid-Year Report
Even amidst diversity efforts, supply chain and logistics companies rarely have minorities and women in executive ranks. Racial minorities in logistics positions are predominately found in blue-collar roles like warehouse workers and delivery drivers and are disproportionally held by men. The CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge sees support from logistics companies like United Parcel Service, Atlas Air, Union Pacific and more to address the underrepresentation of minorities and women within the industry. WSJ.
Operations and Membership
The labor shortage clubs are facing are not the result of one single issue, rather a combination of many factors including the rising cost of education, old-school mentalities, low wages, loss of seasoned cooks and more. As clubs across the country look to recruit employees some are offering increased wages, actively engaging in with community organizations and funding the continuing education of cooks and chefs. Cypress Woods Golf & Country Club in Naples, Fla., launched a starter program giving hands-on training to migrant students while Desert Highlands Golf Club is crafting a new internship program at the club. C+RC, C+RB & C+RB.
GGA Partners believes the key to effective member recruitment is seen in your Net Promotor Score (NPS), which will help to understand the response you will receive. NPS differs from members’ overall satisfaction, asking questions about the likelihood of recommending or referring the club to others. The keys to developing and tracking your NPS include keeping the questions consistent, ask supporting questions, keep questions brief and measure NPS frequently. GGA Partners.