Club Updates – Feb. 3 As the number of cases of coronavirus surges across the U.S., NCA continues to keep clubs informed on new and updated federal and state mandates and restrictions and news related to the private club industry. Please be sure to visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information to keep your club informed on COVID-19.
COVID-19 Paid Leave in 2021: The Impact of New Federal Relief Bill on Employers, National Law Review
NCA signed on to two letters:
EEOC letter Regarding Guidance on Vaccine Incentives
Letter Urging Congress to Pass COVID-19 Liability Protections
- US Department of Labor Issues Stronger Workplace Guidance on Coronavirus, US Dept. of Labor & The National Law Review
- President Biden Orders OSHA to Take Action on COVID-19, EHS Daily Advisor
The CDC has published and updated a number of COVID-19 and vaccine materials and resources on its dashboard, and you can keep track of vaccinations here. Please continue to check these for information on things like recommended quarantine periods and return-to-work guidance.
- A State-by-State Guide to Getting a Covid-19 Vaccine, WSJ
- COVID-19: U.S. State Policy Report – February 2, 2021, The National Law Review
- Travel Quarantine Requirements in California, The National Law Review
- A State-by-State Guide to Coronavirus Regulations, Law360
- NJ Employers Weigh Vaccine Rules Against Legal Liability, Law360
- COVID-19 Liability Shield Survives Salty Debate In Fla. Senate, Law360
- New York City plans to reopen indoor dining at 25% capacity on Valentine’s Day, National Restaurant News
WSJ Tracks COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution. The analysis shows the number of vaccines distributed, administered and the phases of distribution across the United States. See the full analysis here.
- Google Maps Will Soon Show COVID Vaccine Locations, Ars Technica
- Everyone’s Terrified of Elevators During COVID-19. Could These Magic Buttons Help?, Fast Company
- CEOs Confront Employees’ Covid-19 Vaccine Doubts, Going Into Myth-Buster Mode, WSJ
- How Shopping and Eating out has Changed During the Pandemic, Ipsos
- Question of Restaurants’ Business-Interruption Coverage Moves to Supreme Court, Restaurant Business
- You Tested Positive for Covid-19. Now What?, WSJ
- California’s Outdoor Dining Ban Was Controversial. Did it Help Slow the COVID-19 Surge?, LA Times
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Years of Potential Life Lost Attributable to COVID-19 in the United States: An Analysis of 45 States and the District of Columbia, medRxiv
- Feds Issue New Anti-COVID Workplace Guidelines as Vaccinations Begin for Restaurant Workers, Restaurant Business
Join NCA – It’s a Good Business Decision:
NCA provides real-time value for clubs as they navigate this crisis and other areas from workforce management and compliance, governance, strategic planning, and much more. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership. Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Cindy Vizza at 202-822-9822 or [email protected]