Club Updates – Jan. 20 As the number of cases of coronavirus surges across the U.S., NCA continues to keep clubs informed on new and updated federal and state mandates and restrictions and news related to the private club industry. Please be sure to visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information to keep your club informed on COVID-19.
On his first day in office, President Joe Biden plans to make mask-wearing compulsory on government property, WSJ
- 11.2 million people have received one or both doses of the vaccine in the U.S. See your state.
- Ahead of today’s inauguration, President Biden announced the new administration’s vaccine distribution plans, which include an ambitious goal: Administer 100 million doses of the vaccine during the first 100 days of his presidency.
- FDA posted a new webpage, Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions.
- The CDC has published and updated a significant number of COVID-19 and vaccine materials and resources on its dashboard, and you can now also keep track of vaccinations here.
- Pandemic Response, Pandemic Preparation, FDA
- HHS has a web-based COVID-19 outpatient treatment locator for monoclonal antibody therapeutics
- Critical Considerations for the Hotel Frontline, Hospitality Technology
- Monitor the latest data for your county’s hospital admissions and hospital and ICU beds in use in the COVID Data Tracker as well as search for your county’s data to find the latest hospitalizations, cases, deaths, and more.
- FAQ About COVID-19 Vaccines, the New England Journal of Medicine
- On January 12, the Virginia Safety and Health Codes Board approved the state’s permanent rule on COVID-19 workplace safety requirements, the first state in the country with a permanent rule on the issue.
- States Revive Push for Virus Liability Protections for Employers, Bloomberg Law
- Washington, D.C., to Vaccinate Restaurant Workers Against COVID Starting Feb. 1, Restaurant Business
- Coronavirus Regulations: A State-By-State Week In Review, Law360
U.S. Chamber of Commerce Reports Job Gap: The economic analysis from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce shows how far the economy has come since February 2020. See the full article here.
- COVID-19 Related Fatalities Were the Single Highest Cause of Officer Line-of-Duty Deaths in 2020, National Law Enforcement
- What to Watch in 2021: Nine Signs of Recovery in Real Estate, Cushman & Wakefield
- Six-in-10 Ok with Businesses Banning Unvaccinated from Entering, Washington Examiner
- COVID Deaths are the Highest They’ve Ever Been, STAT
- Instacart and Trader Joe’s to Pay Workers to get Vaccines, CBS News
- Jonas Club Software Releases New Tools to Help Clubs Safeguard Employees and Members, Jonas Software
- Will Your Boss Require You To Get A Covid-19 Vaccine? New Data Show Employers Are Split, Forbes
Join NCA – It’s a Good Business Decision:
NCA provides real-time value for clubs as they navigate this crisis and other areas from workforce management and compliance, governance, strategic planning, and much more. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership. Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Cindy Vizza at 202-822-9822 or [email protected]