Christine R. Pooler Elected as Chair
Washington, D.C. (June 9, 2020) –The National Club Association (NCA) a Washington, D.C.-based trade association, recently elected new officers to govern the Association. NCA promotes and advances the interests and well-being of all private, social and recreational clubs through advocacy, insightful education and governance best practices and during the COVID-19 pandemic has served as the primary resource for the club community.
The officers of the National Club Association are:
- Chair Christine Pooler, CCM, ECM, General Manager of Indian Creek Country Club, Inc., Indian Creek, Fla.
- Vice Chair Michael Bruni, Olympia Fields Country Club, Olympia Fields, Ill.
- Treasurer Malcolm MacColl, The Windsor Club, Vero Beach, Fla.
- Secretary Nick Sidorakis, CCM, General Manager/COO, Southern Hills Country Club, Tulsa, Okla.
- Immediate Past Chair Terra S. H. Waldron, CCM, CCE, ECM, COO of Greensboro Country Club, Greensboro, N.C.
“I am honored to serve as the chair of the National Club Association and look forward to serving the industry,” said Pooler. “My vision has always been to bring clarity to the benefit that is provided by the only national organization advocating on behalf of private clubs. NCA has a wealth of resources to support leaders, while providing benefit for the entire club, including their members and employees.”
“The Association has never been more valuable than during this challenging time.” Pooler added. “Club leaders turned to NCA for guidance, utilizing the resources and material to educate themselves on how best to support their organizations. This information was shared with all who requested, and just like our bipartisan efforts on Capitol Hill, we are here as an association for the whole. We look forward to all clubs joining and unlocking the further benefits that have made NCA relevant for 60 years.”
New directors elected to the NCA board for three-year terms are:
- Ken Donovan, President, Fiddler’s Elbow Country Club, Bedminster, N.J.
- Tim Muessle, Chief Operating Officer, The Olympic Club, San Francisco
- Thomas B. Wallace III, CCM, CCE, ECM, Partner, Kopplin Kuebler & Wallace, Cleveland
Directors re-elected to the NCA board for three-year terms are:
- Tom Bennison, Senior Vice President Business Development for ClubCorp USA, Inc., Dallas
- Luke O’Boyle, CCM, CCE, General Manager/COO, Chevy Chase Club, Chevy Chase, Md.
- Nick Sidorakis, CCM, General Manager/COO, Southern Hills Country Club, Tulsa, Okla.
- Rob Smith II, Managing Director, Mercury, Washington, D.C.
About NCAThe National Club Association (NCA) has been the advocate for the private club industry in Washington, D.C., for nearly 60 years. As the voice of private clubs on Capitol Hill, NCA ensures that club concerns are forefront when legislative and regulatory issues affecting the industry are being decided. In addition, NCA provides club leaders an outstanding array of resources on club industry trends, governance best practices, legal and operational matters and ways to strengthen club leadership. For more information on NCA, visit nationalclub.org.