2023 National Club Conference
Mark your calendar and register! We have big plans and can’t wait to welcome private club leaders from across the country to the 2023 National Club Conference at the esteemed Union League Club of Chicago.
About the 2023 National Club Conference
2023 National Club Conference
Frequently Asked Questions
#ClubConf23 offers opportunities to learn, network and enjoy Chicago you simply can’t find anywhere else.
- Three days of networking events, dinners, lunches planned to give you opportunities to connect with private club colleagues from across the United States.
- Learn, network and engage with leaders from the private club industry.
- Build lasting connections with your colleagues from private clubs around the country.
- Enjoy world-class education and facilities at the Union League Club of Chicago.
- Experience an unforgettable week in Chicago, with unique opportunities you can only have with the National Club Association.
- Twelve education sessions with speakers from the club industry, media, community-based nonprofits and top companies. All sessions offer credits toward your industry certification or renewal.
- A larger Club Governance Symposium, with Henry DeLozier from GGA Partners, providing resources, discussions and invaluable networking for club presidents and board members—their own conference within a conference.
- The Conference golf tournament is back! Hit the links with private club industry friends—those you know and those you’ll meet on the course—at Lake Shore Country Club for the NCA ClubWorks Classic golf tournament, sponsored by ClubWorks.
- NCA’s VIP Reception and Dinner (invitation only), hosted by Medinah Country Club, sponsored by Jonas Software.
- The Excellence in Club Management® Awards Gala—the private club industry’s event of the year, Enjoy a night of sparkle and shine celebrating this year’s winners—and join them the next day for a panel discussion with their secrets to success. Included in your Conference registration. Awards sponsored by McMahon Group and NCA; dinner sponsored by KOPPLIN KUEBLER & WALLACE.
- ClubPAC Reception where club leaders will hear from Joe Trauger on the latest political developments and races.
- NCA’s Vendor Showcase, with solutions, products, services and experts from the private club industry’s leading suppliers and partners—and plenty of dedicated time to talk with all of them.
- Lake & River Architecture Tour. Experience the city’s legendary architecture from the best seat in the house on the Chicago River and Lake Michigan.
- Private tour of the Art Institute of Chicago. Join a docent for this look at one of the world’s most renowned museums like you’ve never seen.
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the Woman’s Athletic Club, sponsored by Craig & Company.
- Networking Roundtable Lunch. Pick your interest, join a table and enjoy lunch and conversation and solution-sharing with colleagues from around the country. Sponsored by PGA ExecuSearch.
There’s more to come—so much to enjoy!
Private club presidents and board members are invited to the Club Governance Symposium, a closed-door, half-day event tailored just for volunteer club leaders. With two plenary sessions followed by discussion moderated by Henry DeLozier, principal, GGA Partners, the Symposium offers ideas, solutions, resources and networking with others in similar roles from across the country. Presidents and board members can pair the Symposium with the NCA ClubWorks Classic golf tournament for a one-day conference within a conference.
The National Club Conference is known for its top-tier speakers—experts you won’t hear at any other event. With topics that include turnaround management, cybersecurity, governance, inclusion and more, this year’s roster includes:
- David M. Walker, Former U.S. Comptroller General, and founder and CEO of the Comeback America Initiative, and author of America in 2040: Still a Superpower? All attendees receive a free copy of Walker’s book.
- Michael Scimo, 2019 Medinah Country Club President and Boardroom Club President of the Year.
- Jahmal Cole, CEO/Founder, My Block My Hood My City.
- Henry B. DeLozier, Partner, GGA Partners.
- Mark Tunney, General Manager/COO, The Union League Club of Chicago.
- Amber Read, General Manager, Yale Club of New York.
- Julius Rhodes, SHRM, Founder and Principal, mpr group.
- Nicholas Schreiber, Founder, Old Barnwell.
- Joe Trauger, President and CEO, National Club Association.
- Jeff Morgan, CEO, Club Management Association of America.
- Jim Gusella, General Manager/COO, Portland Country Club.
- Duane Laflotte, Chief Technology Officer, Pulsar Security.
- Trevor Coughlan, VP Marketing, Jonas Club Software.
- The winners of the Excellence in Club Management® Awards.
And more to come!
The 2023 National Club Conference will be held at the storied Union League Club of Chicago, with events at Lake Shore Country Club, The University Club of Chicago and Medinah Country Club.
Early-bird pricing is now in effect—register today before rates go up. NCA members attend for $1,775; the nonmember rate is $2,375. Board members and assistant general managers attending with club general managers/CEOs attend for $1,250. Day rates are available; contact us for details. Optional events are offered at special rates.
Thanks to Our 2023 National Club Conference Sponsors
Thanks to Our 2023 National Club Conference Exhibitors