Club Updates – Feb. 23
Visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
ClubsHelp and the National Club Association are Supporting Oakland Hills Country Club Staff After Fire
Last week’s fire at Oakland Hills Country Club (OHCC) in Bloomfield Hills, Mich., was horrifying. The iconic clubhouse was destroyed, but fortunately, there were no injuries. During this time, the entire OHCC community, especially its valued employees, need support—and the club industry is already responding generously. ClubsHelp, a verified 501(c)3 charity and Philanthropic Partner of the National Club Association, together with NCA, has created the OHCC Employee Assistance Fund to help the OHCC staff affected by this tragedy. As of today, the fund has raised more than $38,000—ClubsHelp will match the first $15,000 of outside donations and made an initial $5,000 contribution. Join your colleagues, NCA, and ClubsHelp and donate to this critical fund.
- Despite COVID-19 Concerns and Staffing Shortages, New Restaurants are Booming in Roseville, Calif., KCRA
- California Releases Guidance and Required Notices for 2022 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave, The National Law Review
- Group Sues San Diego Over City COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, La Jolla Light
- Conn. COVID-19 Positivity Rate Falls Below 3 Percent, NBC
- COVID Still an Unwelcome Guest on Restaurant Scene, Delaware Public
- As US Cases Drop, Hawaii is Lone Remaining State Sticking With Indoor Mask Mandate. Latest COVID-19 Updates, USA Today
- Chicago’s Top Doc ‘Really Optimistic’ About Chicago’s Progress On COVID, Block Club Chicago
- Mass. Refuses to Excuse Most Workers from COVID Vaccine Mandate, WBUR
- New York: Restaurant Owner Spends $750K on Security to Deal with Customers’ COVID ‘Rage’, NY Post
- Ohio Records Fewer Than 900 New COVID Cases, Journal News
- Utah House Approves Bill Blocking Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination, Fox 13 Now
- Governor Extends Executive Order to Help Virginia Hospitals Battle COVID, WTVR
- King County Will End COVID Vaccine Requirements at Restaurants, Bars, Gyms, Seattle Times
- D.C. to Drop Coronavirus Vaccination Requirement to Enter Businesses, Washington Post
- West Virginia: State Getting Closer to Transitioning From Pandemic to Endemic with COVID, Metro News
The Work-From-Home Outlook for 2022: Respondents indicated a strong likelihood in making a job switch when asked “How would you respond if your employer announced that all employees must return to the worksite 5+ days a week starting [month-after-next]?” Data is from 10,175 respondents between June and December 2021. See full findings here.
- Local Political Leaning Influences Whether Employers Advertise Required Vaccination, Indeed Hiring Lab
- Many Restaurants Face “Extinction” Amid COVID, Inflation and Staffing Shortages, CBS News
- New Omicron Subvariant not Expected to Lead to Another COVID-19 Surge, WTOP
- Clubs React to Supply Chain Interruptions, C+RB
- Got a COVID Booster? You Probably Won’t Need Another for a Long Time, NY Times
- Five COVID Questions Scientists Still Don’t Have Answers For, CNET
Join NCA – Access the Industry’s Top Resources for Private Club Leaders:
Join NCA and benefit from the subject-matter experts who have helped create the industry’s best and most comprehensive library of club-specific resources. Members can add up to 15 board or staff members to their membership account, granting them access to NCA’s online library of 1,500+ resources, publications and monthly webcasts. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Phil Mike at 202-822-9822 or [email protected].