As the vaccine rollout picks up steam, NCA continues to keep clubs informed on new and updated federal and state mandates and restrictions and news related to the private club industry. Please be sure to visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for the most up-to-date information to keep your club informed on COVID-19.
COVID-19 separated us. Vaccines are bringing us together. NCA’s new campaign, Stick it to COVID-19: Support the vaccine, provides information on how clubs can protect employees and members and commit to a safe club environment. NCA also provides the Vaccine Finder tool that helps identify local vaccine distribution locations. Learn more.
The United States recently administered its 200 millionth vaccination, and to commemorate the occasion, President Biden took the opportunity to urge employers across the nation to pay their employees to take the time off needed to get the COVID-19 vaccine. As you know, this can be done through the American Rescue Plan for employers with under 500 employees and they receive a tax credit for offering this time away from work to be vaccinated. This is a voluntary benefit, and President Biden highly encouraged those employers who can take advantage of this plan, to do so.
- For employers that do choose to offer this benefit, the Internal Revenue Service has published guidance found here for employers on how they may claim these tax credits, how they are calculated, and what supporting documentation is needed.
- As vaccinations are becoming more widely available to those who wish them, many employers are beginning to plan for post-pandemic return to work, including the role vaccinations may play in reopening and bringing employees back into the workplace.
- U.S. vaccine distribution and delivery, tracked by state.
- CDC Says Fully Vaccinated People Can Gather Privately Without Masks, WSJ
- Vaccination Outreach Shifts as Demand Drops in Some States, Pew
- Vaccine Passport Plans Can’t Ignore Web Of Privacy Laws, Law360
- Getting to the Point—Issues Related to Mandatory Vaccine Policies, The National Law Review
- Vaccine Etiquette: A Guide to Politely Navigating this Phase of the Pandemic, The Washington Post
- Sculpting the Carrot: Practical Steps for Employers to Incent Employee Vaccination, U.S. Chamber
- All About your Coronavirus Vaccine Card, The Washington Post
- The Consequences of Vaccine Misinformation, CNN
- Vaccine Incentives—You Have Questions, We Have Answers, The National Law Review
- Coronavirus Regulations: A State-By-State Week in Review, Law360
- Ky. Latest State to Enact COVID-19 Liability Shield Law, Law360
- Indiana Lawmakers Approve Partial Ban on Vaccine Passports, Indy Star
- North Dakota Governor Vetoes State Mask Mandate Ban, Bismarck Tribune
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo Urged to Approve Covid-19 Workplace-Safety Bill, WSJ
- A collection of Stanford Social Innovation Review articles on civil society’s insights into the logistics behind a global vaccination campaign, including ideas for winning over the hearts and minds of people who aren’t yet convinced they should get the shot.
- Coronavirus Litigation: The Week In Review, Law360
- New ServSafe Tool Tracks Alcohol-To-Go Status in Your State, National Restaurant Association
- 6 Leadership Paradoxes for the Post-Pandemic Era, Harvard Business Review
- Can My Boss Force Me Not to Wear a Face Mask at Work?, WSJ
- Keep Those Safety Measures Going as you Reopen, National Restaurant Association
Businesses Gauge the Road to Recovery: Alignable reports on the outlook of small business owners in the latest Recovery Projections Poll. Business in the travel/lodging, event management and restaurant/bars industries face a long road to recovery that may not be fully realized until 2022. See the full article here.
- Fewer Waiters, More Scientists if Pandemic Job Trends Stick, U.S. Study Shows, Reuters
- Want That Job Offer? A Covid-19 Vaccine Is Now Required, WSJ
- Hotels Face Uneven Odds Of Surviving The Pandemic, Law360
- COVID Racial Disparities Loom Large in Rural Counties, Pew
- Road to Recovery Report (April 2021), Alignable
- Restaurant Industry Impact Survey, National Restaurant Association
- The Workers Who Can’t Commit to a Vacation, WSJ
- Web Exclusive: Protective Uniforms can Shield Housekeeping Staff from Viruses, Hotel Business
- More Colleges Say Covid-19 Vaccines Will Be Mandatory in the Fall, WSJ (video)
- Addressing the ‘Home-working Isolation Problem’: Workspaces-on-Demand are on the Increase, Digiday
- Indian Covid-19 Variant Found in U.S., Across Globe as Foreign Help Arrives, WSJ
- Employees Share Views on COVID-19 Vaccines and the Return to Work, Eagle Hill
Join NCA – It’s a Good Business Decision:
NCA provides real-time value for clubs as they navigate this crisis and other areas from workforce management and compliance, governance, strategic planning, and much more. View all the benefits you get with an NCA membership. Click here or contact Katina Cavagnaro at [email protected] and 202-822-1291 to learn more about a membership at the National Club Association.
Stay Up to Date
The National Club Association is continuing to closely monitor this crisis and will provide you with the best information available to help your club during this difficult time. Please visit NCA’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To submit questions or to share your club’s resources and plans, please use this link. For more information, contact Cindy Vizza at 202-822-9822 or [email protected]